September 30, 2010

You know what I'm writing and editing, but what am I reading?

If you've known me for any length of time, you know I love Chip and Dan Heath, authors of Made to Stick: Why Some Ideas and Others Die. Yes, marketing and finance are my first loves, but psychology is a close second. The Heath brothers perfectly marry marketing and psychology by breaking down complex psychology and marketing concepts to produce simple, real-world action items for business leaders. I am such a fan, I received my very own, unedited version of their new book, Switch: How to Change Things When Change is Hard. If you haven't read these and you work in marketing: shame on you. Go read them and then come back and tell me what you think.

If you have, you'll be glad to hear about my latest finds: Brains on Fire and UNMarketing, two books I hope will inspire me to turn my product (editing for marketing and finance) into a movement. Read them already? I'd love to hear your thoughts. Not going to bother to read them? I'll be back with my take (I hope they haven't made any typos, it's bad enough to use an entirely made up word as your book title...

No comments:

Post a Comment